Thursday, January 31, 2013

WIP: 2 Vanguard Samaritans

Finally time for some painting! I have started with the Vanguard Samaritans, as their color scheme is pretty basic and there are a lot of these miniatures in the box.

 As I assembled a lot of the models, I quickly found out that they would be a pain to paint if every part was glued together. I decided to paint the weapon separably from the Samaritans.

I'm still in the progress of experimenting with the balance between gray and blue. The female to the left got a bit too blue for my taste. The Samaritan to the right is almost finished. He was my first and I learned a lot from him and made some mistakes on the way.

The visor was probably the most difficult part to paint. I have not settled for how I will do the bases, so they will have to wait.

I hope you like the results so far. Hopefully I will soon be satisfied with the colors and maybe make a tutorial for those who are interested.

Actually this is my first time photographing miniatures! I am quite satisfied, but I might have to get some more practice to get them even better.


  1. Great paint jobs. You're way ahead of me, I'm still cleaning and selecting colours.

  2. Hi AGN1964
    Thank you for your kind words - I am glad you like them.
    I hope to post a tutorial next week - so stay tuned :o)